The Townsville Fashion Festival presented by Escape Travel is now presenting its 6th event program. The highlight of the festival program is the Runway Event on the 26th May. This world class Runway with state of the art production and entertainment showcases established and emerging designers from Townsville and surrounding regions and the fashion related industries that feed into it.
The TFF strives to develop Townsville as a fashion, creative arts and retail gateway and increase trade opportunity and distribution for the local fashion and creative industries to a global level. To guide the fashion designers towards the business tools and support available in Townsville and the Asia Pacific, the Townsville Fashion Festival and Townsville City Council Sister Cities Program are proud to announce the development of the Townsville Fashion Festival Designer Excellence Award.
The Townsville Fashion Festival and Townsville City Council Sister Cities Program are proudly investing in local Townsville designers and offering one talented Townsville based designer the opportunity to travel to one of our Sister Cities to experience their fashion industry.
The winning Townsville designer will receive a $2,500 grant to contribute to the costs involved in travel and accommodation inclusive of a Sister City developed agenda to include but not limited to the designer to attend a local fashion event, opportunities for the designer to learn from manufacturing and textile businesses, and to attend a fashion industry networking function.
The winning Townsville designer will be selected by a panel of industry representatives and announced on the night of the Townsville Fashion Festival Runway Event, Saturday 26th May 2018. The selection process will be from a written submission inclusive of the designers creative contributors, manufacturing and business acumen before the event, and presentation of their designs on the runway at the event.
The Designer Excellence Award is open to a Townsville based fashion designer. Applicants will be judged on the following criteria:
- Does the label demonstration excellence in design innovation and unique design vision?
- Do the garments have a high level of manufacturing and fit capabilities?
- Does the label demonstrate potential for future growth and is financially sustainable?
- Is the label designed by a local Townsville based designer?
- Is the label available for retail?
- Has the designer completed a Townsville Fashion Festival designer application form meeting all conditions of entry, paid Designer Application fees by the due date and presented their garments at the Runway Event on Saturday 28th May 2018.
To be eligible for consideration for the Designer Excellence Award, applications must meet the following requirements:
- Submission of completed Townsville Fashion Festival Designer Application Form and payment of fees
- Submission of completed Townsville Fashion Festival Designer Excellence Award Application by 5pm, 23rd May 2018 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show their collection at the Townsville Fashion Festival Runway Event on Saturday 28th May 2018.